Facebook contest is among the most underused instruments on Facebook. With the continuing tweaks and adjustments to Facebook’s algorithm, utilizing Facebook as a advertising and marketing device is changing into more and more strategic. It’s harder to get posts into information feeds and high quality content material is extra necessary than ever. A give attention to engagement with sturdy calls to motion is required. Boost engagement with contests; you’ll lengthen your attain whereas creating model consciousness and buyer loyalty.
4 Successful Facebook Contests
Don’t simply provide one thing without spending a dime and not using a sturdy tie to your merchandise, companies and model. For the most effective outcomes, an organization’s Facebook contest ought to enchantment to their goal markets and be model-associated. The following Facebook contests had been profitable for this very purpose:
- Kellogg’s Great Eggo Waffle Off requested followers for his or her finest recipes utilizing Eggos waffles after which allow them to vote on entries for the winner’s $5,000 prize. Kellogg’s received a lot of images for his or her Facebook web page and elevated engagement.
- J.G. Wentworth’s Facebook contest, dubbed “Live Your Dreams Now Instant Win Game,” presents weekly prizes and the possibility to win greater prizes like a visit for 2 to Hawaii, Germany and New York City, a brand new automobile, hire or mortgage for a 12 months, $5,000 and extra. Entrants provide their e mail handle and might decide to obtain emails and calls from S.F. Wentworth reps about services and products. As a consequence, the corporate provides to its e mail listing and features potential new gross sales leads.
- To attain one hundred,000 Facebook likes, T-shirt maker Qwertee ran a Facebook sweepstakes asking guests to love their web page and depart their electronic mail handle for an opportunity to win T-shirts. The firm gave away 1,000 T-shirts a month till it hit its objective.
- Smart Shelters 12-month giveaway promotion gave the corporate’s product away with an e mail entry competitors supported by Facebook adverts, growing its Facebook followers from 800 to 5,950 in five months. The firm additionally elevated revenues by $750,000, in line with Wishpond.
How to Run Your Own Facebook Contest
You have a pair choices to run a contest on Facebook: You can use a 3rd-social gathering app or run a contest straight in your web page’s timeline. Follow the following pointers for operating your individual Facebook contest with a timeline promotion:
- Review Facebook’s promotion guidelines to grasp what you possibly can and may’t do. For instance, you’ll be able to ask customers to reply a query and choose the primary right reply to win a prize, however you’ll be able to’t ask customers to share a publish.
- Make certain you perceive and observe all the principles, together with creating official guidelines in your contest that embody releasing Facebook from legal responsibility.
- Be cautious when planning contests with excessive-worth prizes, because the contests will come below extra scrutiny due to the extra fascinating winnings.
You could favor to make use of a 3rd-get together app for a Facebook contest. Second Street Affiliate Success Manager Emily Thousand says the advantages of using a third party app embody amassing details about your followers, getting likes and rising a social following and constructing an e-mail listing to drive new gross sales leads.