- Fill out a short registration form. You’ll be asked to create a unique username to identify you on our system. You’ll also need to provide a valid email address and confirm that you’ve read the Terms and Conditions. That’s it. You don’t need to give any personal information to start your Freelancer.com membership.
- Confirm your email address. When you submit the registration form, we will send a message to the email address you provided at sign-up. Follow the link in the email to activate your Freelancer.com account.
- Create your profile. Take a few minutes to provide some information about yourself and/or your business. This is an opportunity to let the Freelancer.ca community know who you are as a person and what you’re looking for professionally, so fill out your profile completely, and make sure it is free of typos, spelling mistakes, and grammatical errors.Users with incomplete profiles will not be allowed to bid on projects. Here are a few tips to complete your profile and get noticed:
- Be sure to upload a photo to your profile. It’s much easier to recognize and relate to a face than a username. You might also consider using your full name or company name for your display name.
- The subheading is a good place to make a solid first impression. It might be your company slogan or a list of the top skills you can offer to an employer. The subheading should make other users want to know more about you.
- Use the summary section to give more detail about yourself. This is your chance to really make your profile stand out from the crowd.Talk about your company mission or your work history. Highlight your skills and let people in the Freelancer.com community know why you’re the best Freelancer for the job.
The information you provide will be stored in your profile to give other members an overview of your skills and/or needs. Freelancer.com does not share your personal or contact information with anyone.