Categories are crucial to your blog each for SEO and consumer navigation. You need each your guests and the major search engines to simply discover their manner round and to know what your blog is about at a look. Here’s how one can add classes to your blog.
Tips & Tricks For Setting Up Your Categories
- Start with 3-5 classes that help your most important matter
- Create subcategories if you have to get extra particular
- Keep the class names quick (S-P phrases)
- Make certain to incorporate your important matter phrase or phrase within the classes the place it suits (don’t drive it)
Example Category Structure
Here’s an instance for a weblog about canine…
Here’s the instance…
- Dog Breeds
- German Shepherds
- Dog Food
- Traditional Dog Food
- Raw Diets
- Natural Treats
- Dog Training
- Puppy Training
- Aggression Issues
- Leash Walking
How To Add Categories To Your Blog
- From Your Blog Dashboard, Select Posts->Categories
- Enter the identify of the Category (1-2 phrases most as this shall be displayed in your navigation menu)
- Optionally enter the “Slug” (or browser pleasant model of the class title). This might be generated for you in the event you go away this clean.
- Optionally choose the “Parent” class. To create Categories (mother or father classes) and Subcategories (youngster classes) as proven within the instance above, be certain that to pick out the mum or dad from the “Parent” dropdown checklist. NOTE: The father or mother class have to be created first.
- You can enter an outline for the class right here. Most blog themes don’t show this info, however some do.
- Click “Add New Category”
Now that you simply’ve added some classes to your blog, it’s time to arrange the Menus & Navigation.